Friday, July 18, 2008

The Shack

I am reading The Shack, I have read about 150 pages. I have been told "everyone" is reading it and it is a 21st Century Pilgrim's Progress and I will simply love The Shack. Pilgrim's Progress was my 5th grade reader, I read it...from Sept 1971 to May 1972 and remember little of it. I am not sure what I think of The Shack. I was too tired to read today, I was sick in bed all day and did very little. 2nd time this year I have been sick. Prayed a lot in the wee hours of the morning, so I was productive as I was being sick.

My husband hired a yard man to help me next week, I am excited about it, though I generally like to do yard work, the heat has gotten me this year a couple of times. I guess because I was indoors most of winter and all of spring visiting my dad in the hospital, I just never acclimated to the heat this year. My dad is having the same problem with the heat. He loves to sit on his patio and read in the mornings but has not done that this year. I think by fall, he'll be up to it. I am already thinking of fall and planting pansies, petunias, lobelia, snapdragons as well as spinach, lettuce and broccoli. I am also looking forward to fall Bible Study, though we haven't picked the study, yet.

I just checked one of my former student's blog, she is pregnant. She has a poll on her blog to guess the sex of her baby. I voted for a girl only because I would love to see Andi have a daughter who is a ballet dancer like her mother. Andi was a great student. I am so glad the Lord put her back in my life as well as Steph. I loved teaching Andi and Steph and I love knowing them as adults.

I suppose I have rambled on enough tonight. Time to be brave and drink a glass of water. I think I will try to read a little too. Have a great Sat. and a blessed Sabbath. Be blessed with these words from the Book of Revelation:

After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

6 comments:

Karen said...

It's Saturday morning now and I am praying that you are feeling better. I'm looking forward to discussing the shack with you!

blessings,
karen

luvmy4sons said...

I love, love that quote from Revelation. I just can't wait till I join in the praise chorus and bow before the throne as well.

Angela Baylis said...

I hope you are feeling better! I read The Shack, too! I hope your weekend is going well!
In His Love,
Angie xoxo

MITZI said...

Hi Annette, hope you're feeling better soon. I haven't read The Shack. From your description is sounds like you're still waiting to see when it'll get good. Let me know if you recommend it. I've heard alot of raves about it.

I just love pansies, my favorite flower. They are so cute with their little faces bringing cheer. I love gardening but just don't have the time. When I retire that will be one of my past times. I love visiting nurseries during the spring when all the flowers are in bloom. Perks my heart up.

May the Lord bring healing and strength to your body. Take care and keep cool from the heat.

Wendy said...

Hope you're feeling better. Didn't know you could plant at this time of year. I can imagine you are pining for cooler temps.

Hope your Dad can sit on his patio this fall. I also love to sit on our patio early in the morning with my coffee, as I bid "good morning" to all God's creatures, plants, the sky, sun, and everything.
There is something special, cool and clean about the early morning. It brings a sense of peace and wonder at our beautiful world.

annette said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I am on page 175--read through the trip on the plane home, and now am setting up camp to finish it this evening. I want to talk with you about what you think about it. I surely hope you are feeling better. I'm going to cc you and Karen and Ang in an email and see what you all think of that book. Right now, I reserve judgment--wink, wink.
Love,
Annette