Monday, July 14, 2008

The Rock

Well we have arrived at another Monday, I am not sure I am ready for another work week, but it does not really matter because it is here.

I am looking forward to Bible Study tomorrow night. I am not looking forward to taking my father’s watch to the shop for repairs Wed. or Thurs. I have to go to the Galleria in Houston. I have a few basic problems with the Galleria:

Traffic

I will walk by the Gucci Store (and then I will think of all the money I used to spend in there and at the NYC store on purses and luggage when I was loaded in my 20’s).

Since I am at the Galleria I will stop and buy foundation and might fall for whatever spot or wrinkle cream they suggest for people my age. Usually I have sales resistance, but it’s hard at the cosmetics counter under those lights!

I will leave the Galleria and resist the Container Store as I flee it at 3 mph in traffic (I always want items from this particular store).

The Bible tells us if we resist the devil he will flee. He assaults us so often, I wonder if we recognize the victories we have or just see our “failures”? What do you think?

Psalm 40: 1-3 tells us:


I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Remember our feet are shod in peace, we stand on the Rock which is a firm foundation, praise the Lord today. Trust Him and revere Him. He loves you, He loves you, He loves you.

4 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I so related to your words about thinking about the money spent when you had it to waste! Sometimes I think back to the things I spent money on and wish I could get the money back and spend it on something more worthwhile! Have a great day.

About Nancy said...

You have convicted my heart to acknowledge my successes and not just the failures.

Amen sister!
Thanks,
Nancy

Karen said...

Preach it, sister! I know I focus on my failures rather than victories. (I wonder if this is another idol?)

blessings this Monday! (I'm not ready for it either. Sigh.)
karen

luvmy4sons said...

Hey...thought I posted your comment for today's post over at my place. It made me chuckle, but also switched mine to no moderation for comments-for when I am gone(I will have a post every day due to advanced posting but anyway...)because not sure how often I can get on to check comments...and yours isn't there now. Just wanted you to know I didn't NOT post it. I don't know what happened. Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me. I SO appreciate it!