Thursday, July 10, 2008

100 Things

1. I was born in Houston, TX
2. I am American by birth, Texan by the grace of God.
3. Annette is my middle name
4. I am an only child
5. I have lived in the greater Houston area my entire life.
6. I love dogs.
7. I hate to cook.
8. I began taking ballet lessons at 3.
9. I graduated in 1979 from St Thomas’ Episcopal School, still have many friends from those days.
10. My father was a policeman. My mother was a nurse. They met in the ER.
11. M cousin Wayne & I spent much time conspiring against the other cousins.
12. I have come to really love blogging.
13. I will meet many of my Siestas on golden streets one day.
14. I am presently fat, but will be thin again.
15. I would love to have a massage.
16. My husband & I met in 1981 and married in 1985.
17. I miss working for my father’s company, we worked hard, but had a great working atmosphere.
18. I love classical music and ballet.
19. I love Texas Aggie football.
20. Sometimes I love the Astros.
21. I love rodeo. (I know that freaks people out)
22. I love having Bible Study in my home.
23. I have not seen many people in person this year due to dad’s illness.
24. I am a prayer minister at several healing conferences through out the year.
25. I would love to work a 4 day week.
26. I hate to cook.
27. I tend to withdraw from people who lie to me, even family members.
28. I don't like Las Vegas.
29. I would not mind being in South Fork or Creede CO. today.
30. I look forward to finding a new church.
31. I am getting tired about talking about myself.
32. I spent a lot of time in high school dreaming about skipping classes.
33. I never learned to play an instrument.
34. I spent hours in the ballet studio over the years, dancing, teaching, choreographing. 3
5. I wish we still had a pool.
36. I love to watch birds.
37. I love to watch wildlife if I don’t have to climb rugged terrain to view it.
38. I need my sleep.
39. I love eating at Larry’s with Patty.
40. I am grateful for the friends God has brought in my life!
41. I don’t like it when parents think it’s cute to let their children run around fancy restaurants while waiters try to dodge them.
42. I love praise and worship.
43. I don’t like stuffy sermons.
44. I cannot sew.
45. I love to spend a lot of time driving in my car.
46. I would love to have a weekend place near Industry, TX
47. I hate to cook.
48. I get stressed out seeing a sister in law.
49. Due to my father’s illness, I took a part time job and have scaled down my business due to lack of time for extensive bookkeeping and all the paper work.
50. I want to learn to knit.
51 I love Lucille Ball.
52. When I taught ballet, I was very attached to my students.
53. My 1st car was a 1977 Chevette, 0 – 55 mph in 10 minutes.
54. I traveled to Poland in 1975 with a ballet company, visited a concentration camp, brought WWII into perspective for me even though I was barely 14.
55. I hate to shop.
56. I love to read.
57. I like yard work.
58. I don’t mind shopping for plants and flowers.
59. I don’t like being around drunks, no tolerance for them.
60. I loved dressing up as a child and wearing crowns, tiaras, falls, and wigs.
61. I once dated my dance partner. (Don’t recommend it, too much time together.)
62. I used to be a control freak.
63. I hate to cook.
64. I love to travel, but now prefer driving trips due to airport hassles.
65. I have 5 godchildren.
66. I used to surf. (If I could pay someone to paddle the board out for me, I might give it a try again.)
65. I had a little sailboat growing up.
66. I used to fish a lot, now I dislike fishing.
67. In the 1970’s my hair was about 3 feet long.
68. I have too much junk in my house, not sure how it happened.
69. I loved running errands with my dad when I was young.
70. I talked my great grandmother into doing a summersault when I was 4, she must have been 67 at the time. Afterwards she sat on the ground for a while and laughed.
71. My mother freaked out when I asked our maid why her skin was brown and mine was pink.
72. I was sent to the headmaster frequently for cracking 1 liners during class.
73. See above, I was the classroom comedienne.
74. I taught Sunday School for years then began to lead women’s classes.
75. During my 20’s, I received many speeding tickets. I wish we had an autobahn.
76. I love to attend the Indianapolis 500.
77. I hate to cook.
78. I still love John Wayne movies.
79. I wish I was still fluent in French.
80. I have never had a garage sale, though I should now.
81. The asparagus fern lives.
82. I love to spend time with friends and some but not all family members.
83. I am tired of politicians.
84. I usually think criminal’s sentences are too light.
85. I love dumb criminal stories.
86. I prefer sunsets to sunrises.
87. I wasted a lot of time reading trashy romances in my teens and 20’s.
88. I hate to cook.
89. I love to decorate for Christmas, before Christmas Vacation, I once bought a tree bigger than the Griswold’s. My husband was appalled.
90. I am very opinionated.
91. I am honest, people either like me a lot or cannot stand to be around me.
92. I am compassionate.
93. I am tired of talking about myself.
94. I am distressed about this weekend’s weather forecast. HOT HOT HOT
95. I have great neighbors.
96. I had a horned toad Lady as a pet at my great grandmother’s, it lived on her front porch for years. It could come and go from it’s home at will.
97. I will call my aunt in England today.
98. I love our Lord Jesus.
99. I pray I serve our Father today.
100. I hate to cook.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Woo Hoo! I am so proud of you for doing all that. (and I'm thinking that maybe you don't like cooking!) I loved getting the chance to know you a little better. (and I want to be a ballet dancer now.)

blessings on your day, sister!
karen

Abba's Girl said...

It took me 2 days to finish it.

I can cook but only do so when my husband is out of town. He's a great cook!

luvmy4sons said...

Wow! Three feeet long...I am jealous. Can't grow my hair past bra strap length and it gets thin and icky! I don't know if I could list 100 things about myself. That was amazing. I used to be fluent in French as well and ALSO wish I still was! LOL! Hugs!

Paula V said...

Okay....cheater. laughing here.

You listed hate to cook six times and twice you said you were tired of talking about yourself. That did make it funny.

I love your comment about the Chevette going 0-55 in 10 minutes. HILL-AIR-E-US!

connie said...

Annette,
I loved it... And you hate to cook... I enjoy these a lot, thank you for sharing you with us...
You are in my prayers...
Connie
GBU

annette said...

It's so amazing we have many similarities. I was born in Houston a year and a half before you, Annette is my middle name, and on and on. So what's your first name? Mine is Cynthia. I was born at St. Joseph's hospital by the way. Loved your 100 things! but I do like to cook. :) love, old Annette

Fran said...

I am SOOOO impressed that you did that! I couldn't get past 32 bc I lost patience! :)

And, I hear you hate to cook?!
Me too.

Hugs and blessings~
Fran
TN