Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks, A Rainbow & A Painted Bunting

I went to our beach shack Friday to celebrate the 4th of July. It is a shack on stilts. My husband bought it because his 80 yr old aunt lived next door at the time and needed some help around the house and yard. She is almost 90 now and he is her legal guardian. I don't go down there too often during the summer, I no longer go out in the Gulf of Mexico to fish (too old for the that much sun) and it has become a fishing frat house on the weekends. Men sleeping all over the place between the day fishing in boats and kayaks and the night fishing in the surf or from our pier.



I prayed on the way down there for the night to be pleasant and that people at the celebration would not drink too much. Since I was not there on Thursday, I was voted head of pyrotechnics. All this means is I had a large lighter (those things for fireplaces) and lit lots of fuses. I lit big fireworks which rivaled the display put on by the town at the harbour. Our show lasted longer too. My brother in law owns several firework stands; he gave us a great deal. Several people pitched in for the band and fireworks which made for a very nice evening. It was fun seeing children running around with Morning Glories (similar to sparklers but safer) and grandmothers dancing with grandsons and little girls dancing with each other so they would not get kooties.


Just before sunset, I prayed again as people were beginning to drink (I am not anti alcohol, I am anti drunk.), and suddenly there was a 1/2 a rainbow over us. I prayed more, a cloud moved and we could see the entire arch of the rainbow. It looked like it ended near our house. It was such a blessing. Only 1 drunk out of 60 people at a party. That's answered prayer!

This morning as my husband and I sat outside drinking coffee before everyone in the house was awake, I looked down and there was a male painted bunting. I began to weep. He hopped around for 20 minutes or so. As some of you know, I prayed to see a Painted Bunting and the Lord sent a female to my yard, and I told Him I wanted to see a male and He said, "Annette you did not ask to see a male Painted Bunting." (Painted Bunting and Prayer)So again, I say be specific when you pray. God is thrilled to answer us and delight us.

His Word says: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' "For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' " And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Pray specifically and do not give up!

6 comments:

annette said...

What a delightful Fourth you had, painted bunting and all. They are such beautiful birds. So glad everyone had such fun and you and your husband got away together and stole a moment to yourselves this morning. Praying specifically for you this evening! Love, oldA

Karen said...

Our Father delights in giving us good things! I love how He gives to us and wonder if He gets frustrated when we are amazed that He answers our prayers.

Happy Sunday! May you be blessed this day.
karen

luvmy4sons said...

Prayers of a righteous man availeth much! What a great day you had!

Paula V said...

Pray specifically and don't give up.
Amen to that sister!

luvmy4sons said...

Just saw the award. Don't know when you put it up, but thank you. You are too kind. I will be thinking on to whom to pass it and will post it later. Hugs to you!

connie said...

Annette,
You have award waiting for you on my blog...
You are in my prayers...
Connie
GBU