Wednesday, July 9, 2008

20/20 Vision

Sadly, I am at the age in which I need reading glasses. I picked some up at Target the other day. A 3 pack, economical way to buy them. I put a pair on, looked at the book and thought whoa…I cannot see well. My vision is a little blurry. So I switched to an old pair which is bent, because my dog Midnight slept on them the other night. I fell asleep reading and removed them at some point and placed them on the bed and she curled up right on top of them. Today I tried out 1 of the new pairs, still quite blurry, I looked at them again and realized there were plastic stickers on the lens to keep them from becoming scratched in the package.

When we look at the people or situations without the eyes of Jesus; our vision is blurry. When we read the Bible without the help of the Holy Spirit, our vision is blurry. We want perfect vision; we want the eyes of Jesus which is the Holy Spirit. We want to see people with His eyes; we want to read the Word with His eyes.

Jesus said, “If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.”

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

You might say the Holy Spirit gives us 20/20 vision. Again today I say go out and be a walking testimony showing the love of God to all people. Even the slow people in the fast lane, or those people with 45 items in the express lane at the grocery store. Jesus died for them too…

9 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Love it! Oh, to see with the eyes of Jesus! Funny how you picked people with a grocery cart full in the express lane! I love it too when He will suddenly take off the blurry plastic covering and suddenly I see whereas previously I had not been seeing. What a revelation. Often very convicting! Hugs to you!

Karen said...

You are speaking absolute truth, girlfriend! I so want to see people as Jesus sees them. One thing that I pray over and over is to see someone (insert name of annoying person here) as precious as Jesus sees them.

blessings!
karen

Angela Baylis said...

Such great words! I couldn't agree with you more! I want 20/20 vision as well! I love your blog because your font is so big and it's easy to read. My vision tends to get blurry, too! Thank you, Holy Spirit! I also need to be reminded to look at others as Jesus sees me!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Abba's Girl said...

I use the large font so I don't have to wear reading glasses to blog.

Paula V said...

You could imagine my surprise when I saw the title of your post. Those it appears you posted at 5:58 am and I posted several hours later. I promise, I did not "steal" your title. I composed my piece on Monday. I actually struggled between 20/20 vision or 20/20 perspective but used both words through out.

Come read. It's weird about the similarity.

Wendy said...

Sounds like a "menopause moment". Putting on the glasses without removing the stickers. LOL!
Happy reading!

Cheryl Barker said...

Great post, Annette -- wonderful analogy!

annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annette said...

Oh for eyes to see as He does. For hearts that break as his. For ears to hear what touches His. For lives to align 20/20 with His love and will. I'm in the same boat with the glasses, but true vision is a heart matter! Love this! Love you, Annette