Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Procrastination

It's Wed. and I have put off going to the Galleria until tomorrow, after all tomorrow is another day. That is my best Scarlett O'Hara imitation. I procrastinate occasionally and am usually sorry I did after it's all said and done.

I got to thinking about what if Christ procrastinated. What if He told people, well I am not tuned into my Father for healing today, come back tomorrow. Prayer - I'll do it tomorrow, I think I will do a little recreational fishing instead today. It's hard to pray and be in the Word daily, but I think it's harder not to be in the long run. The Bible says to be an imitator of Christ. No matter how busy He was while on earth, He sought out His Father daily.

I pray daily, but it's not the quality prayer life I have had before and I want again. It means setting the alarm a little earlier and getting out of bed when it goes off in the morning. It means reading the newspaper at lunch. And it means - listening to God, not just talking to Him.

So let me encourage you today, stay in the Word and be in prayer. God loves you so much, you are the apple of His eye. I am going to get ready for work. May you all have a blessed day.

5 comments:

Karen said...

praying for you this evening!

blessings,
karen

Abba's Girl said...

Thank you Karen.

connie said...

Amen...
You are in my prayers...
Connie

Paula V said...

Thanks for the extra nudge. My prayer life and reading is not what I want it to be either. You spoke volumes of truth that we must've put off Christ. Just as we give Him our FIRST 10% we must also give Him our time first. Read and pray, first, then do the leisure. I'm guilty of not doing that.

luvmy4sons said...

Yeah. I hear ya..praying for you!