Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend

The Lord showed up in a big way on Friday night and Saturday. Many people were healed physically and emotionally. Sunday, people wept after Jack preached the sermon.

Jack, Anna Marie and I prayed with people after they received Communion today. An adult woman who has attended and served in her church all her life, asked Jesus into her heart. Rejoice people. we have a new sister in Christ.

I managed to drive to Lake Charles and back without calling anyone an idiot or jerk...no matter how badly they drove. (that's a miracle! when I quit calling bad drivers names that were curse words, I thought I was doing good calling them idiots & jerks...but I was still cursing them with the words of my mouth.)

So many of the dear people I prayed with said I have begged God to___________(fill in the blank.) I reminded them we are His children, we don't have to beg. Many times like the widow, we must persist, but we do not have to beg. Luke 18 tell us:

1Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. 3And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' 4"For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, 5yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' "
6And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

So in the words of our Lord & Savior, Don't give up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glory to God!

Steph said...

So glad you had a good weekend.
I second the first comment!