Sunday, April 27, 2008

Directions

My cousin Brian and his wife Cheryl were in town for a couple of days to see my father. It was great spending time with them. They were driving back to IN on Saturday and were leaving the same time I was and would drive through Lufkin. I teased them and told them if they saw a dark, blue Mercury in their rear view mirror to get out of my way.

I had to stop at an Exxon Station and ask directions to the church, I missed the street after I exited the highway. The cashier gave me directions. She said go this way and pointed left, then go through a few lights, then you will see a mall, pass it and another light, then turn left, then turn right. It's about 3 miles maybe 4 miles from here. I must confess I was just a tad bit confused because she didn't know the name of any of the streets.

I think sometimes we pray to God like that. Hey God, do this, and this, and this, and that, and You know what I think this and I would really like that. Aren't you glad He's never confused and aren't you really glad He never answers in such a vague way....Hey Annette, I think in my word I mention something about being a shepherd and I think I might lead you to still waters. He is crystal clear in His word, He speaks to us through it, that's why a verse you have read 100 times suddenly jumps out at you. He may speak to you through a sermon, a hymn or worship song, a friend my confirm something you have pondered in your heart. My advice is for you to listen, when you listen you will hear Him.

There were many answered prayers yesterday. People set free by our glorious Savior. Most people left with such joy. I made a new friend named Jan. What a heart for the Lord she has!

Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"

No comments: