Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Time

During our busy days, if we think about time we think I need more time, I am almost out of time. If we cannot sleep, we think about all the time we have been unable to sleep. How often do we think about the Lord's timing?

April 8, 2008 a friend of mine received a wonderful message from the Lord about time. That same day, I was reading about Jesus and His appointed time. Since then, much of what I have read in the Bible has been about time and seasons.

So many times the Lord reveals His plan to us, He tells us He wants us to do so and so in ministry, but we do not wait for His perfect timing or as Norma Dearing says, His anointed and appointed time.

Look at how we may try to push it when gardening. We try to plant pansies to early in the fall and they croak on a hot day or we try to plant vinca too early in the spring and a cold night causes them to dampen off. The timing/season was not right, as a result we wasted money and time.

The next time you know you are in the Lord's will, pray about the timing. It's so much easier to do it in His time than fix the holy mess created when we go off 1/2 cocked and not in His perfect timing.

Speaking of timing, I wonder why the gigantic roach had to crawl through my dining room during Bible Study last night. We are studying the Psalms of Ascent. We almost ascended...

The Bible says:

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope

I am not sure who suffered more, me or the roach.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

I did rejoice after I hit it with a giant shot of Raid.

No comments: