Monday, April 21, 2008

Presence of God

Have you ever been in worship when the the presence of the Lord is so strong you can barely stand? The anointing is so thick, you want to weep? Compassion for someone comes on you so strongly that your hands heat up with the fire of God in them and you know you are to pray for someone or maybe several people?



Many times in that atmosphere people are healed before they come up for prayer.


Have you ever been healed or know someone who has been healed when they receive Communion? It happens.


Sometimes I wonder how many Christians expect God to show up at church and do anything. How many Christians think church is all about clothes, make up, committees, and luncheons. (I am not saying go to church without make up or clothes and I am not saying to ban committees.)


God loves us. He wants us saved, healed, and delivered. He does not want us to be the walking wounded just struggling to get by in life. We are victors not victims. Let's take a look at few verses from the Bible pertaining to what God wants to do for us:



The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility

When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.

Jesus never said I don't feel like healing people today, come back tomorrow. God never said, oh well this is Monday, I do not plan to prosper you and not harm you today. Call me Wednesday.

He didn't say the Blood of Christ is available one day a week so we are near to Him and reconciled to Him one day a week.

These are just a few of the many things He promised us. Seek His word, seek His presence, sit with Him a while. He'd like that because Jesus loves you...

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thank you for these words and these Scriptures. I remember one of the most profound times of worship I experienced was at a summer camp that Casey was speaking at and at the end there was a long session of music. It was so powerful and the Lord's presence was so obvious and weighty in the room. I remember I could hardly move or speak. I started crying once it was over because so many people just got up and started laughing and talking...like you would get up from dinner at McDonald's. I'm sure there have been plenty of times that I have been too involved in other things to take notice of God at work...but it's a devastating thing to see it happen.