Saturday, May 25, 2019

Memorial Weekend 2019

I had a stressful day yesterday beginning with driving in Houston's morning rush hour traffic. I commuted for years and was used to it. Now that I no longer commute Monday-Friday, I try to avoid rush hour like the plague because it causes stress. Last night I settled in to watch Dateline at 9pm and promptly fell asleep, I have no idea who did what to whom.

I woke up this morning and thought it's probably 6am, get up and get going, I started the coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, turned around and looked at the clock, it was 4:47am!!! The big decision, go back to bed, because - I am not a morning person, or enjoy the peace and quiet accompanied by coffee? I enjoyed the peace and quiet and currently drinking my 3rd and last cup of coffee.

This weekend means sales, Bar B Que's, and school dismissal for many people. For others, it is a sad weekend because their loved one sacrificed all for the USA. Let us remember the fallen. Let us pray for their loved ones. Instead of griping about politicians (which can be entertaining on the one hand and horrifying on the other hand) pray for them. Pray for the USA, the world, Pray for peace. Pray for the widows, the orphans, the disenfranchised, the addicts, the mentally ill. Pray for those living in war zones. Pray for our government to make godly decisions. Pray for our elected officials to be ethical in all they do. Pray for revival - pray that it begins with you and your family.

So many prayer needs for our country and the world. Pray as the Holy Spirit leads you.

Prayer - Just Do It


No comments: