Thursday, September 9, 2021

A New Heart

 Most Holy Lord,

You have clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of [Your] righteousness. Your Word tells us to put on love and wear the armor Your provide.
But in my Christian walk at times I ignore wearing love and putting on my armor, I walk around in sinful rags, my prayers are stained with sin and self. I have been guilty of pride, unbelief, neglecting to seek You first, not caring about Your will for my life.
At times I have been slow to repent and confess, slow to learn, and quick to forget.
Holy Spirit, I ask You to show me any vain imaginations flowing through my thoughts, self-righteousness I am am wearing, and pride I am so accustomed to I no longer see. I don't want any part of them.
Please give me a new heart and put a new spirit in me; please remove from me my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh.
In Jesus' holy Name I pray. Amen

No comments: