Friday, March 7, 2008

The Walk - Part Deux

Last night was cold, wet, and windy...anyone in Southeast Texas can describe the awful commute time at 5pm. At the Livestock Show entrance as well as the entrance to Reliant Stadium for the rodeo, trashcans were full of umbrellas that had been blown inside out from powerful wind gusts. (I think my biceps received quite a workout as I gripped my umbrella w/ all the strength I possessed, I didn't notice the walk as being far only because I was so desperately trying to remain upright.) Dipping Dots were not a temptation last night...but shopping for a long coat and hat was a great temptation!

My port side was sopping wet. I cannot even begin to describe my hair. I had put a lot of hairspray in it, I was concerned about causing another hole in the ozone due to all the hairspray. My hair got wet, it was blown around, and then it dried and the hairspray re-petrified. All the time I took to straighten it, and it was a wavy, curly mess which became a petrified wavy, curly mess. (There are no pictures of this do, though many women last night shared the wet rat look w/ me.)

The rodeo was great, though attendance was sparse. I am sure the low attendance was weather related. I was trying to think of Scriptures to include in the blog...Psalm 77:18 mentions a whirlwind, but does not seem to teach on petrified hair: Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind, your lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked.

Oh....and something which is very wonderful to me, my father is home today, 60 days after I took him to the St Luke's ER. We are so grateful to the Lord. So I will end the post with Psalm 150 and ask you to join my family as we praise the Lord:

Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! Praise GOD!!! That is so wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

So glad your father is at home again with your mother.