Thursday, September 5, 2019

Utter Devastation

I am horrified by the pictures of damage in the Bahamas caused by Hurricane Dorian. I've never experienced 100+ mile an hour winds longer than 14 hours. I was 22 and not overly concerned about the house being damaged severely (because I was 22) by a Category 3 hurricane which moved in and was gone in 14 hours. Dorian barely moved for 2 days and was much stronger.

Bahamians need tangible and spiritual help. The recovery will be lengthy. Just past the 2 year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey in my area, buildings still being demolished, homeowners still rebuilding. Due to the number of disasters around the world, people move on to the next one they see on the news.

Please keep them in your prayers and consider donating to relief/rebuilding efforts these next months.

Hurricane Relief

No comments: