Saturday, July 27, 2019

Spree Free House

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a Spree left in our house. Hopefully, Wayne will send more next June for my birthday.

We've had a 2-day break from the summer heat, a cool front moved through a couple of days ago and lowered the temperature and humidity, 89 for a high at the end of July is as unexpected as it is wonderful. It was so pleasant, I sat in a lawn chair watching butterflies flit around the yard. Except for yard work I generally avoid the outdoors at this time of year unless I am on a mountaintop in Colorado. 

I began thinking about what else I've avoided the last couple of weeks. The list includes but is not limited to:

Unpleasant People

Finishing the job of selling/donating all my parents' belongings. 

Gathering clothes at my house to donate. (Pride tells me at least I boxed up miscellaneous kitchen items, but procrastination is procrastination and a pat on the back is the last thing I need.)

God - many days I've given Him the leftovers of my time, emotions, and love. Instead of first He has been in last place some days.  I don't know why. I know in His mercy when I ask for forgiveness with a sincere heart, He forgives me. His love is unconditional and perfect. He alone can give us solace in a time of trauma or sadness. I should avoid everything until I've spent time with Him each day. 

If you feel stalled or stuck, remember these words from the Gospel of John:


Jesus said, "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.  I and the Father are one.”

He holds us in His hand. We need to seek Him and keep our focus on Him. We must turn away from distractions the world throws our way, be heavenly minded, and pray for forgiveness. Ignoring things or sweeping them under the rug does not free us to pray for others and the world. 

Live today in the freedom we only find in Him. 




No comments: