Wednesday, June 19, 2019

40 Years

Last Friday and Saturday were spent with classmates many of whom are my friends today, we graduated high school 40 years ago. Let me repeat that 40 YEARS ago. A whole lot of life has happened since I left my graduation ceremony at the ripe old age of 17, counting the weeks until I turned 18 and would be able to legally drink alcohol. I certainly knew everything! 

Did we party like it was 1979? No, but we enjoyed catching up and laughing over a casual dinner at our Alma Mater. The next day we mustered enough energy to tour Space Center Houston and enjoyed their Lunch with an Astronaut. Clay Anderson spoke, took questions from diners, the children's questions were tough! He then took pictures with individuals and posed for a group shot with our class. Fun weekend. 

If memory serves me well, I knew everything for 3 or 4 years after graduation. Now in the twilight of my 50's, I realize how little I know which is freeing to say the least. I don't have to have all the answers, I know the One Who does. Remember if you need wisdom, all you have to do is ask.

James 1:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)

And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.


No comments: