Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Tree

I had decided to forego a Christmas Tree this year. December has been busy in unusual ways. I bake little these days, holidays are less complicated as I rarely cook complicated meals due to several interruptions as I try to cook. So the busyness was not the holiday hustle and bustle just weird stuff with caretaking.

I decorated my dining room and the mantle above the fireplace. Hung icicle lights in the windows and a wreath on my front door and decided that is it, enough holiday cheer for the season.

Saturday as I performed a few household chores, I thought well Annette, the day has been pretty quiet, drag out the ornament boxes and tree and get to it. So I assembled and decorated the tree. All the lights worked the 1st time. No searching for the 1 missed cord in the midst of the branches.

As I sit here on this dreary morn and look at the pretty lights on the tree, I am so happy I decided not to be treeless this year.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

No comments: