Monday, September 18, 2017

But 1st, Coffee

I don't particularly like it, but I drink 2 cups of black coffee every morning. (I do like it with cream and sugar in it, but that is more like dessert than a beverage to jolt my body into an awakened state.)

I drink coffee, read the Bible, drink coffee and pray. This week has been tough, post-Hurricane Harvey fatigue has set in, work is slow for those of us back at work, bodies are tired from the ongoing cleanup, emotions are tired from the suffering around a large portion of Texas and LA and now there is Irma threatening islands and the USA.

We must pray. We must be the watchman on the wall. We can't quit now.

My motto and life should be: But 1st, Pray.

How should we pray? Jesus tells us how:

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

He also adds this caveat: 

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,  but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

I pray we truly seek Him 1st. 

No comments: