Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Comfort

Everything in Texas is bigger...including my hair! When I want it sleek, smooth, with a hint of curl at the ends, it becomes giant, it morphs, it gains volume and height approximately 12 seconds after I step out the back door into the humid, morning air. The same amount of time it takes my glasses to fog up, I can see one moment, the next I have the eyesight of Mr. Magoo.  (Another reason I prefer contacts!) I hope someone is old enough to remember Mr. Magoo.

At times our spiritual life is the same way, we ignore the Bible and or prayer for a day and think I will do it tomorrow. Before we know it tomorrow has morphed into a week,  two weeks, or maybe longer. As time passes, the gap between us and God becomes larger. Maybe the gap turns into a chasm because we are disappointed, hurt, and or angry. Life can be hard, many circumstances are not a walk through the tulips. Yet, if we trust Him, the hard times are bearable, He provides love, comfort, hope, mercy, and grace. 

If you find yourself treading water, in a valley, or deep in a pit; find time to be quiet. Listen to the Lord, pray, open your Bible. Our Heavenly Father is waiting for us, His hand is extended, we must reach out and place our hand in His.

The following are a few verses which bring much comfort to me from the ESV:

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 10:27-29

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Psalm 106:1

Oh give thanks to the Lordfor he is good,  for his steadfast love endures forever!






No comments: