Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Podcast

The Lord can use much to show us something missing in our lives. There are times and seasons, life does not remain the same. I noticed over the last 2 or 3 years, I have experienced trouble in the motivation department. I was motivated in short bursts. Occasionally it seemed as if I was moving from the death of the dearest of friends to another death of a dearest friend or close family member. The wind was knocked out of my sails when my cousin Bill died last Dec. I did not realize what a huge impact his death had on my life until last week.

Because I donate to a charity headquartered in Houston, I received an e-mail alerting me to a weekly podcast. I thought OK, I will listen to this manly podcast and see what I think instead of simply deleting the e-mail. There was a bit of colorful language between the 2 hosts and their guest. (3 former Navy SEALS) Their guest talked about motivation and passion. After the podcast ended, I realized I no longer had a zest for life or passion and all the motivation in the world was not enough.

After prayer, I pinpointed the moment passion left my life. I quit teaching...I no longer teach ballet and pointe, I no longer host and or teach Bible Study in my home with a group of ladies.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy many facets of life (not including being weighed at the doctor's office) and no, I was never passionate about cleaning grout but I did it when it needed to be done.

There were/are a couple health issues too which led to fatigue and lack of energy/desire to see things through to the finish line. The Hashimoto's Thyroid thing is under control, my Vitamin D level increased from 7 to 29 but is back down to 20, so I am working to raise it up past 30. I think when it gets back into the high 20's I will have more physical energy again.

I have prayed to have passion again whether it is confined to things around the home and yard or volunteering, running, advancing the Kingdom...as long as what I pursue is in the Will of God.

Ladies, if you find yourself treading water, no motivation - ask the Lord to show you clearly the cause. Shut out the distractions and really listen.

And speaking of listening - I am so glad I listened to Team Never Quit's podcast!

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

No comments: