Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Healing

I know John 10:10 is true, Jesus said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

I also believe with every fiber of my being
I Peter 2:24:

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed

I know numerous people who have received healing from the Lord, whether it's healing of their emotions, their bodies, their spirits, or a combination of all 3. Many people ask me why their loved one was not healed. I don't know. But I do know it was not because:
1. Miracles were only for the early church
2. Their faith was not strong enough
3. God wants to teach us something by giving them a disease

God can take evil and use if for His glory, but to give us a disease would be cruel and contrary to His nature. In Him there is no darkness or evil.

The world is sick, fallen, and evil. I ask you to keep up your shield of faith, stay in the Word and prayer. Use the weapons the Lord has given each one of us. Evil was crushed at Calvary. The Blood of Jesus was spilled for us, the Lord God Almighty raised Jesus from the dead. Victory came over 2000 years ago. Press in...Jesus is Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool - a question so many people ask. We actually touched on some of that at church today - and the service went on an extra hour... :] Hehe! You should've been there - right up your alley.