Monday, December 10, 2018

Advent 2018

I've been away from the old blog for 6 months. Life as a caretaker is mundane in many ways, trying, stress-inducing, time-consuming, and joyful when you see a spark of your care recipient's real personality. For one brief moment, Alzheimer's is gone.

As we prepare for Christmas, am I preparing my heart to receive more of Him? Is Advent a season of expectancy for me or another season of the mundane? Life circumstances should not colour my relationship with the Lord. However, at times I let them. At times I think would like to  __________. Fill in the blank. A vacation, a new job, to visit with friends in person.

If you celebrate Advent, I pray it is a season of expectancy. Come Thou long expected Jesus.

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Annette! Nice to see you back. I often go without blogging for quite a while and then come back to create a post and visit my friends.

I remember my caregiving days when blogging was my release, my outlet and I received so much love and support from others who were either caregivers as well or just nice, empathetic people.

Keep blogging, keep reaching out - we are here, and we are here for each other.

Lots of Love to you, sweet friend. No, I don't do Advent, but do Christmas with my family.

Abba's Girl said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, dear Wendy!