Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Strange Weekend

Our weekend was a little strange. Friday afternoon I came home after church and did a few chores around the house and went to get my hair cut.

Saturday I was tired, just pulled most of our belongings out of the closet and was going to decide what stayed and what left the house, when my mother called to see if we were going to the nursery, I asked her to delay it. I was dressed in very grubby clothes, even too grubby for the nursery. The phone rang again, I almost didn't answer it. It was the nursing home in Bay City, my husband's 89 year old aunt had fallen. I said does she need to go to the hospital? The woman on the phone said yes, I said we are on the way. I looked around my room trying to decide what to wear since I had mounds of stuff from the closet sitting everywhere. I grabbed a blouse and a pants and called my husband and said we need to get to the hospital.

As we drove to Bay City, I could feel that knot trying to form in my stomach. I was praying for Aunt Margaret. We were led to believe we may need hospice care. I didn't want her to be in pain or suffer. We arrive at the ER, different hospital, different town, but the old dreaded ER. They let us in to see her. Her CT Scan was clear, she was alert (as alert as she can be) and her head did not hurt. There was no swelling, she needed 2 stitches. I was so thankful. We stayed with her until she was released and then we headed home.

Sunday's church service was glorious. The music, the sermon, the worship - all beautiful. I pray it was as glorious to the Lord as it was to us.

Saturday and Sunday were from 1 extreme to the other. Just like us before we make Christ our Lord and Savior. Our life is a mess one minute and the next we are a new creation in Christ.

I hope we are able to remain Easter people through out the year. I hope Easter did not end on Sunday night for us.

Alleluia - He is Risen - the Lord is risen INDEED! Alleluia

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

So glad you did not have another death in the family so soon after your dad. Whew! A broken hip did my aunt in. I still miss her! Enjoy your silence! LOL!

Linda said...

Ah - that's the key isn't it? Living Easter every day. I'm so glad she is all right and that you had a blessed Easter.

Karen said...

I hope things have settled down some. (and hopefully the clothes are back where they belong.) I want to be an "easter person" all year long, remembering where my hope lies.

love,
karen

annie's eyes said...

We had such a sweet celebration at St. Martin's and the alleluias were back. We are Easter resurrection people, and glory is at stake every moment. I am sure He was most honored by your worship. And glad Aunt Margaret will be okay. Wonderful parallel--crazy life, resurrected life all in a few days' time.

Wendy said...

I like that - living Easter every day. I'm glad things turned out well for your hubby's aunt (and you too!)