Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Left Overs

Ever wonder what to do with left over brown rice? I found this breakfast recipe:

here's a great, healthy recipe for left over brown rice...

for 1 serving

1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1/4 cup soy, rice, or regular milk
1 tablespoon dried cranberries or raisins
1 teaspoon sliced almonds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

combine all the ingredients in a saucepan (I stored the left over rice in the pot I used to cook it and used the same pot right out of the fridge to cook it the next a.m.)

heat over medium heat until warmed through, about 5 min

tastes great...

3 comments:

Angbaylis said...

Yum~ This sounds really good! It's cold, rainy and gray here today, so that sounds perfect! Let me tell you about our weather... It was 85 yesterday and today we are having a high of 57. I heard you've been having some excitement at your house with all of the rain you've been having down there!
I hope the sun comes out soon!
Love,
Angie xoxo

luvmy4sons said...

Yummy!

Karen said...

Oh, that sounds really good!