Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's a New Day

Someone made a mistake with the IV and gave too much liquid and or meds to my father which set off a chain of events. He began having trouble breathing, he turned blue, and his entire body was cold to the touch. He was put on oxygen, had a chest x-ray which revealed he had pneumonia. He has been moved to ICU. I cannot tell y'all how disappointed we were yesterday. I felt very deflated, but not as mentally deflated as my father. He was so ready to come home.

Just like any day, you have a few plans to do normal things, Bible Study at 1st Baptist Houston with Beth Moore began last night, without me I might add. I am not complaining but disappointed. I am way more concerned about being with my father than Bible Study. I took my disappointment to the Lord and told Him - I am disappointed. Of course He already knew it, but it was important for me to tell Him all about it, just as it is important to tell Him about the sins I commit. I had some yesterday. I wanted to call a doctor names and ask him how he'd feel if I messed up the dosage of his IV. I have since repented and prayed he not make errors with any other patient.

As I rummaged through a desk drawer last night looking for a notepad, I found the little cards which I had torn out of the back of my Believing God workbook years ago. Think God wasn't speaking to me!

So today, I do ask for more prayer for Charles and my mother Barbara. She is so tired. But I also ask you to join me in praising our God, the Lord God Almighy, the Great I Am, Jehovah-Nisi - Our Banner, Jehovah-Rapha - the God Who Heals, the God Who Is and Was and Is to Come!

Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute,
praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

5 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

What a precious heart you have praising God and asking for forgiveness in this mess. I can be very harsh about medical mistakes...despite being a nurse myself...I am glad your father's condition had a solution and praying he continues to improve.

Anonymous said...

Oh I was so sorry you missed last night--know how much you looked forward to it. I prayed for your dad and continue to pray for all of you. It is deflating, disappointing, disrupting, discouraging. Just know you are close in my thoughts today. I will get back with you on the notes from last night. Love,
AnnetteG

Wendy said...

How sad. Medical errors do happen, but when it's your own father - ouch! I am glad they were able to transfer him to ICU. He will be better taken care of in that environment.
Sending warm thoughts and prayers to your dear Dad.
Hugs,

Karen said...

Well, I don't know where the first comment went. But I'll say it again...because it's worth repeating.

I am both praying and praising...

let me know if there is anything I can do.

love,
karen

Paula V said...

He blesses where we see loss, amen?! He makes up the difference. Trust He has a reason for you to be away from this study of Beth's.