Monday, August 4, 2008

Edouard

It looks like Tropical Storm Edouard will make landfall in the Galveston area which may mean a lot of rain for the greater Houston area, something we need, but we don't want the 36 inches we had with Tropical Storm Allison in 2001!

It's too hot to go outside and move lawn chairs into the garage and take down hanging plants and wind chimes so I am blogging. I will wait until 7p or so to go outside.

I think the weather forecasters are excited to have something to say besides it's sunny, 100% humidity with a high of 99. (Some of them seem disappointed it's not a Cat 4 or 5 storm.)

Tomorrow I will listen to the rain, spend extra time in the Word and spend extra time in prayer. I think I will decide which book to read as I have given up on The Shack. I cannot see myself finishing it in the near future.

I have since moved the outdoor furniture and hanging baskets. I left a couple of birdfeeders and hummingbird feeders out, I will dash out in the morning and grab them. The hummers were very entertaining tonight. A mockingbird stared at 3 of them like they were crazy. It is thundering, so off to quickly finish the dishes. I love the following verse as I think of all the wildlife being in the storm.

Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Have a great day everyone and remember Jesus loves you!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sometimes I love the rain just because it refreshes. Enjoy yours and I'll be praying that it's not 36 inches!

blessings,
karen