Friday, June 27, 2008

Houston Chronicle

I read a story in the Houston Chronicle which really made me angry. A police chief and his body guard were executed in Mexico. The chief was honest and fighting a drug cartel. Certain areas of Mexico are very dangerous because of drug cartels, we all have a sense of the corrupt govt in Mexico, but every year officers are killed trying to fight huge crime down there.

For once I was angry and sinned not, I thought Lord what is the most effective way to pray. I think we need the Lord to give us specific prayer points to pray against the drug and violence caused by the cartels. If anyone feels led to do this, let me know and I will send you what the Lord gives me as an attachment so you can print it.

I want to pray against the cartels and all the crimes associated with them for several reasons but the 2 main reasons are - the drugs end up in America and the violence will be here before we know it. This type of violence used to only be found in Columbia and now the demonic tentacles are spreading.

First and foremost is obvious, all the people from the top to the lowly delivery people of the cartel to be saved. Praying for their market to dry up is a non violent means to an end. I will post something later today or tomorrow regarding prayer points.

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I love that you are hating what God hates! It is so important for us to be angry and not sin when it comes to sin. Sin should make us angry. Not at the sinners-love the sinners hate the sin. It takes a lot of prayer. How neat to think to pray for something so specific so far away...but everything affects all of us in one way or another! I will join you gladly!

annette said...

This is a concern of mine as you said, how it infiltrates into other countries, and from generation to generation. I too will join you in praying against the cartels and would like specific prayer points also. We will fight the good fight against them, and stand strong against what He stands against. Love, oldA

Abba's Girl said...

Old A...ha ha ha...what are you 6 or 7 months older than I am?????