Tuesday, March 14, 2017

2017 - SSMT # 6

My memory verse is Ps 73:26: My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (ESV)

At times, it is hard to admit my flesh is weak, my heart may fail. Today it not hard to admit I failed! I received a letter from a client disputing work I submitted to them. My heart pounded, fear tried to overcome me, then I prayed. I called my vendor rep, asked for the date the work was requested and returned. It was requested and submitted in June 2013. I sent accurate information. November 2016, the subject of the report had her record expunged and reported to my customer I made an error. I almost let fear consume me. In 2013, the work was accurate, it would not be today because her record has been removed from public access, only law enforcement, the District Attorney's Office, and the County Clerk have access to the record.

I picked out the memory verse last month, how appropriate it is today and every day. All news is not good, all phone calls are not good, all relationships are not healthy - they are comprised of people, imperfect people, they are comprised of me and you. None of us has it all together, none of us are perfect, we all need a Savior, a God Who is our strength. He never changes, as James reminds us:

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (ESV)

Paul tells us in Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (ESV)

We can count on our Heavenly Father and our Lord. We rely on them because our heart and flesh will fail.

Remain in prayer, stay in the Word, and hang out with your Christian Sisters AKA Siestas. Jesus loves you.



No comments: