Friday, November 4, 2016

Almost Over

Tuesday is Election Day in the USA. I know millions of Americans, including myself will be glad it over even though I know millions will be dissatisfied with the winner. (I am not sure citizens win regardless of the outcome.)

I will admit I am not a fan other either major candidate for various reasons. However, I consider it a privilege to vote and will exercise my right to do so. I pray for Hillary and Donald every day, not for my will to be done through them in Jesus' Name, but for them personally. The outcome of the election is important, but it is a blip on the radar in the big picture when you consider eternity.

With the finger pointing, trash talking, overreporting of issues, underreporting of others, it would be easy to get into the trash talking, candidate bashing, judgmental, hateful rhetoric. I think our opinions are important as we relay facts and concerns. Name calling and wishing people dead is ungodly.

I am saddened by the hatred coming from my Democrat and Republican brothers and sisters in Christ. We can be angry but we must sin not. We should spend the collective hours spent on moaning and griping in prayer instead.

So as we head into the last hours before the polls close Tuesday night, let us try prayer and love.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

No comments: