Sunday, July 19, 2015

Renewed Focus

“Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

What is it I value in this life? Do I treasure the things of this world or do I seek to accumulate treasures in heaven? Honestly, I think some days I accumulate things the world values and other days I stay focused on my eternal home.

A couple of weeks ago, I had spent little time in the Word and I was distracted when I prayed. As I asked the Lord to heal my Cousin Bill's body, I thought I need pineapples, raspberries, and spinach which brought perspective! I needed to purposefully return my focus to the Lord and open up my Bible and read. I decided to read the Bible in 90 days for the second time this year. I also need to spend quiet time with Him. No music, no devices, no distractions - solitude.

We have examples of Jesus spending time with the Father in the Gospels:

Yet Jesus himself frequently withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.

And after he sent the crowds away, he went up the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone.

Now it was during this time that Jesus went out to the mountain to pray, and he spent all night in prayer to God.

Thankfully, the Lord's mercy is great and His love is never ending.

A new week with renewed focus.

Blessings to you, my sisters in Christ.

No comments: