Thursday, January 8, 2015

Rear View Mirror

I cannot believe Epiphany has come and gone, before you know it Bluebonnets will be in bloom! I am reading through the Bible in 90 Days (instead of a year) which means I am not bogged down in Leviticus because I read 14 chapters of it today and should finish it tomorrow. It is almost time for the second SSMT verse. Seriously, the holidays are so far back in the rear view mirror, all that remains are a few flecks of glitter on the floor which to date have shown great resistance to the mop and broom. Must be a signal to hire a maid...

The weather has caused me to be indoors a great deal over the last 2 weeks, as a result I feel a great need to pare down our belongings. We have too much stuff or as my English godson says - Surplus to Requirement.

Time to:

Sort through seasonal decorations - keep what I used this year, save the rest for a garage sale.
Donate books to the library and or Good Will.
Donate clothes that are too large.
Organize cabinets (Ugh)
Improve my knitting skills.
Cross books off my reading list.

I want to remain focused on the Lord and His plans for me as well as spend time with friends and family. Life has come with many thrills, chills, and spills just as it has for everyone. As we deal with sickness, disease, and loss - We must stay focused on the Lord. As terrible news is reported from around the world - We must stay focused on the Lord. Ladies, don't get stuck in the little things - Keep your eyes on Him!

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things.

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me—and I in him—bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing."

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, we must get rid of every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and run with endurance the race set out for us, keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith. For the joy set out for him he endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God.










No comments: