Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

How is it January 1, 2015? Seems like I just celebrated July 4th, 2014.

I don't make resolutions, but I do set a few goals:

Spend more time in person with family and friends. In January 2013, Kathleen and I said we were going to get together more often. She departed this world in December of 2013. We saw each other at Bible Study that year but never found the time to meet for lunch or dinner and just catch up with one another.

Run another 5K or 8K with my girlfriends.

Be diligent exercising the entire year instead of fizzling when the heat arrives in southeast Texas which could be in March, April, or May. (It will remain through October or so.)

Get back outside and garden again, I've always loved it, but in 2013 I let grief intrude in my life and the result was ignoring something I loved.

Diligently take the vitamins prescribed by the doctor and not let a day or 2 or 3 slide by without taking them.

Find a senior citizen pas de deux class. (OK maybe not, ballet can still be a part of my life, but I am not so sure about overhead lifts.) Though I do hope to see my former ballet partner and have some fun in the ballet studio once more.

Be devoted to prayer and serving in the Kingdom.

Memorize at least 24 Bible verses with Beth Moore and the SSMT. I always do well at memorizing from January to May or June, have 12-20 verses under my belt and then I simply stop memorizing more.

Live a more Christ like life each day of the year.

I hope 2015 is filled with the things which really count in each of your lives: faith, hope, love, peace, and joy. Happy New Year ladies! To 2015 and the blessings to come.







No comments: