Monday, February 3, 2014

For the Birds

Today is a cold, dreary day by southeast Texas standards, we made it to our forecast high of 43. It is grey, misty, and and very humid. (A really bad hair day!) As I prayed this morning, I asked the Lord to help me remember is He with me all day and that I sense His presence during work, at lunch, at home, etc.

I walked out of my office and looked out the window on the side of my front door. There were 20-30 Goldfinch, several House Finch, a couple Pine Siskin, Blue Jays, and Cardinals feeding sunflower hearts and thistle seeds. It was a beautiful sight! As I thought of the Scripture: Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Through the birds and Scripture, He reminded me He is with me.

About to exercise - I hope to remember He is with me as I exercise instead of crying out to Him for healing after I complete the exercise session!