Friday, January 10, 2014

The Knife that Defied Scientific Principles

The other night a friend and I met for a quick dinner at a local restaurant. As we talked after our meal, a young man of 16 or 17 years old came over and asked if he could clear our dishes. We said yes. He put Mella's dishes on his tray, was about to pick up my plate when Mella's knife catapulted off her plate, did a few somersaults in the air, landed on my wrist, bounced down to my thigh, then up to the table and landed with a clatter. A couple spinach leaves landed on me as well. Mella & I started laughing. The waiter was appalled and very apologetic. We laughed more, he apologized more. After seeing the knife in action, I could believe there was one shooter in Dallas up in the book repository. The waiter said he would ask the manager to comp the meal. I told him not to worry, it was an accident, no harm done. He thanked me for being nice and not cursing at him. I asked if people would curse at him for such a tiny thing. He said, "Yes, and in fact people way older THAN you have cursed at me for little things that are out of my control such as size of olives, etc." Way Older...LOL There are some people who would take offense at that. I decided not to ask how old he thought I was in case he guessed 67 or older.

I don't know if he noticed Mella praying over our meal, but I am certainly glad I responded in a Christian way. Our actions speak louder than our words on many occasions. Remember sisters:

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

2 comments:

drm7.blogspot.com said...

ROFLOL!!!! Love it!

drm7.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.