Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In the Quiet

I am sipping coffee and typing away on my laptop this quiet New Year’s morn. The power went out about 2 hours ago. (The blessing is 2 fold: the coffee was ready and it is not our main season in Southeast Texas which is HOT.)

Read the Bible by flashlight, the dog is under the covers, and the quiet is only disturbed by an occasional train’s engineer blowing his horn loud enough and long enough for people 50 miles away to hear.

When I was young, I never valued quietness or solitude, now I relish both.

In 2014, I hope to spend more time in the Word and in prayer. 2013 was dismal in some ways, I was sick with pneumonia for over a month, then sick again from May through Sept. with a respiratory virus. Both took a lot out of me. I lost friends/family members to disease. There were horrific tragedies in our country and around the world. However, 2013 was also filled with joy and blessings too numerous to count.

I hope no matter what circumstances are thrown our way in 2014, we can say it is well with our soul; we know God is Who He says He is and His love is everlasting and His Word is true. I want us to remember His ways are higher than our ways and we are limited by our finite minds. We must not only believe in Him but believe Him.
Here is to 2014 – a year in which we grow in Christ Jesus, we serve Him with humble hearts and we remain focused on Him.
Happy New Year!

2 comments:

annette said...

I'm with you--sure love my solitude.

"I want us to remember His ways are higher than our ways and we are limited by our finite minds" --Amen to this especially!

I am so glad you will be along again this year on Pearls! Happiest of New Years to you. Love your heart. Love you.

Cheryl Barker said...

Joys and sorrows side by side -- my year was like that, too. So thankful for a Savior who walks with us through it all. Happy New Year to you, too, Annette.