Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Shining Star

The other day I came across a card Kathleen gave me when I was 12 years old. She wrote encouraging words concerning how well I danced my duet "Icy Wind" with Sally in the Wizard of Oz. She was cast as the Wicked Witch of the West. Dance wise - perfect for the part - personality wise - not so much!

That was Kathleen through and through - someone who encouraged others. Her legacy in the dance world is numerous dancers who still love her dearly and still perform or teach themselves.

I am thankful for the 40 years she was a part of my life, I won't lie - I would love another 40 years.

I will always remember her dancing as well as her smile and laugh.

She has been a light in my life through thick and thin, a shining star.

I love you Kathleen and look forward to the day I join you dancing on golden streets.

The next time I eat at Cafe Adobe, I will think about the time you asked me to pray and mentioned after the prayer I didn't ask the Lord to bless the food and I remarked I didn't have enough nerve to ask Him to bless spinach enchiladas and queso. You laughed so hard you cried.

Thank You Lord for the gift of Kathleen.