Monday, December 2, 2013

I Didn't Know She Smoked

Over the last month, many people have contacted me for information because they want to help a mutual friend who was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer which spread to her lungs, bones, and brain. I am amazed at the number of people who asked how long she smoked or when did she quit smoking? Hello people...she never smoked - it is breast cancer which spread. And does it matter anyway? She is our friend and is very ill and could use help and prayer.

I've spent considerable time praying for forgiveness because I harbored very angry thoughts and feelings toward a few people.

We reap what we sow which leads me to believe I am reaping annoying words because I have sowed many words that were less than Christ like in my life which happens when one has a big mouth and has spent decades talking when perhaps I did not need to talk and should have listened. I could even spin it - I told Susie Q what I thought in truth and love.

My friend Norma Dearing (author of an excellent book The Healing Touch) reminded me years ago - we have 1 mouth and 2 ears, speak less and listen more. I am doing much better in that regard. Let's face it, most people are not asking for us to solve their problem when they tell us their story, they want someone to listen.

As Advent progresses, I hope to spend more time listening than talking.








No comments: