Monday, November 4, 2013

1973

I became friends with the dancer who was my classroom assistant when I was a young ballet dancer. By the time I was 12 in 1973, our dance teacher left her in charge of my jazz class while she took a 15 minute break. Kathleen was known to give us very hard combinations. Looking back on this, it may have been an attempt to quiet a chatty class of 12 year old students.

I was fortunate enough to be in the advanced ballet class for a couple years while Kathleen was still at our studio. Over the years our friendship grew. I taught for her at her studio for years. We've attended numerous Bible Studies together. We've endured many hard situations together and celebrated many joyous seasons together.

She was given a hard diagnosis last week concerning cancer. I told her I am there with her. My faith is not shaken, neither is hers.

People sometimes ask why God does this to people. I do not believe sickness, disease, and evil come from God, they are a part of living in a fallen world.

I stand on covenant promises and remain in prayer for Kathleen and her family just as I do for other dear friends who are critically ill.

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your soul

Below is the link to a song Kathleen introduced me to years ago.

He Covers Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWohxDEYGPg

No comments: