Friday, May 31, 2013

Hope & Peace

Sometimes in the middle of reading a heart wrenching letter from a friend we find the most profound hope and peace. The message in the letter is not something I want to read or believe, but I know every word is true. Instead of being in tears over the contents of the letter I should let the author's hope and peace in the Lord wash over me.

Healing will occur either here on earth or in heaven. I will continue to stand and pray for a miracle; I may grow weary but I will not give up, I am contending for the author of the letter.

We've shared many sweet moments together in laughter and in tears over births, deaths, lunch, Bible studies, and ministry training classes. I look forward to more laughter with her in the months to come.

My hope is in the Lord, His Word tell us:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good post! We will be linking to this great content on our site.
Keep up the good writing.


wrinkle creams