Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sowing the Word in my Heart

2012 is here and it is time to sow more of God's word in my heart. I shall endeavor to commit at least 24 verses to memory.

The 1st two verses are John 10:27-28: My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

I want to follow Him with all my heart and I know I have eternal life because Jesus is my Lord and Savior, but I don't think I've ever thought about the promises no one will snatch me out of His hand.

If you are memorizing Scripture this year, please feel free to share your verses with me.

Stay in the Word, it brings Life...

1 comment:

Cheryl Barker said...

I am memorizing again this year but may just do one per month during extremely busy times. My first verse is one related to my writing life:

"Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way -- now that you have come to your servant." Gen. 18:5 NIV

Will look forward to sharing verses with you, Annette!