Thursday, June 16, 2011

Siesta Memory Verse John 15:7

My current verse is John 15:7 (NIV) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

The Amplified Version: If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

I've heard the prosperity Gospel applied to this verse, however I personally believe as we grow in Christ and abide in Him, the things we desire are heavenly minded and therefore what we ask is too. Think how far you've come in your prayer life. I can remember praying this at 16: Dear Lord, I will miss curfew if I have to stop for any red lights. Please keep them green all the way home or I'll be grounded. (Implying it would be His fault.) I will say the lights remained green and I arrived with seconds to spare.

I laugh when I think back to that prayer, I hope He does too.

1 comment:

Cheryl Barker said...

My verse this time, Annette, is Psalm 66:20 (NIV):

Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!