Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Fallen

My town like many is decked with American Flags this weekend. I am fortunate, of all the men in my family who served our country during war time came home to their families. I personally know 1 person who died serving our country. I was 4 years old when my dear neighbors' son Tony was killed in Viet Nam. He was such a nice young man. He let me "help" wash his car and played Fish and Battle with me while our parents prepared dinners on the patio during the summer. I can't really see his face anymore, just his smile and his hands dealing cards.

I ask you to remember the families who've lost loved ones defending our freedom in your prayers. Freedom is not free - men and women make the ultimate sacrifice daily just as our Father in Heaven did when He gave His Son as a sacrifice to save us.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments: