Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Answered Prayer

We've all had more answered prayers than we can count, though some were not answered the way in which we wanted.

For several months I've been praying for an unsaved friend to receive salvation, get a new job so he can quit his current job and for a family member to answer a request he made to her years ago.

He received the an envelope in the mail just after Christmas, it contained not only the small thing he requested, it also contained some family pictures. He received a new job and turned in his 2 week notice last week.

He has no idea I've been praying for him, so he had no idea he was sharing praise reports with me. I look forward to the day (tears are welling up in my eyes as I think about it) I receive the praise report of all praise reports - he will call and tell me he's accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior.

In this instant society, sometimes it feels as if our prayers are hitting a brick wall when we wait for weeks, months, and years for an answer. Sisters keep praying!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, sister! I will pray, too, for his salvation.

Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Fantastic article along with genuinely helpful guidelines. We appreciate you getting it together.

Angela Baylis said...

You are SO sweet to pray for him and how cool that he shared his praise reports with you! I'll pray for him now!

Hugs,
Angie

p.s. Rumor had it you sat with the other Annette last night at the James study! I'm dying to hear how it went. I wish I could have been there, too!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for a fantastic publish which helped me to along the way, I'm pleased for all of the strive in studying and penning this blog website

Cheryl Barker said...

Love that you're looking forward to the day you'll receive that ultimate praise report. I blogged at the first of the week about never giving up in our prayers. So important, isn't it?