Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Friends

Some of the greatest gifts I've received in my life have been friends the Lord placed in my life. I met Kay when I was 9 years old. We took ballet at the same studio. Our teacher called us Mutt and Jeff because she was tiny and I was tall. She was brunette and I was blonde. (We still claim our original hair colour!) We spent many a night at one another's homes laughing, practicing difficult steps, and dreaming of marriage (We might not have had a real understanding of marriage back then!). We've both experienced a lot of life since we met in the early 1970's.

We met for dinner Friday night, such a wonderful time of fellowship. I am so thankful through Christ Jesus our love and friendship have endured the seasons of life.

I am thankful for the sisters I've made in the blogging (many of you walked with me during my father's illness and death) world and the friends I've made via Facebook who met me as I was grieving dad's death.

I ask the Lord to bless each one of you and I thank Him for the greatest gift of all...Our Lord and Savior...

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

1 comment:

Cheryl Barker said...

May God bless you as well, Annette. Enjoy this joyous season!