Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st...

How can it be March 1st already??? It's cold and raining today, but spring is about to burst on the scene. Our plum trees are blooming. Azaleas should bloom soon and then Texas will be bathed in wildflowers...our beloved bluebonnets are just around the corner. The 2010 Winter Olympics have come to a close, the rodeo is about to begin and time marches on from one season to another. (I am not so much a summer person but I know my sisters up north are really ready for winter to close and soooo ready for spring and summer.)

I chose another verse from Psalm 119 as my memory verse: Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.

We are so fortunate to have God's Word at our disposal. In America, we can buy a Bible at the grocery store, we can attend Bible study, we can freely attend church. Let us be thankful for this and never take it for granted.

Leave me a comment with your memory verses. I love knowing which verses you are hiding in your heart.

Stay in the Word!

Love, Annette

3 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

My verse is Zephaniah 3:17 NIV. "The Lord your God...will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

I'm ready for spring, too!!

Sylvia's Song said...

Isaiah 45:1 This is what the LORD says to his anointed, to Cyrus (Sylvia), whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations (major issues and obstacles) before him(her) and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him(her) so that gates will not be shut:

Actually I am meditating on verses 1 - 3 but have learned not to give myself to big of a challenge so I do well with what I have. God has already provided my verses for the month of March and the first half of April.

Lots of challenges before me and with God infront, beside and behind me I know holiness is coming. My verses in February were Hebrews 10:35-36 all about confidence and perevering.

Spring is my favorite time of year but I must say I have enjoyed seeing the snow fall this season. Such a rare phenomenon for Houston.

About Nancy said...

Oh my! Cheryl Barker's Zephaniah 3:17 is one of my older memory verses! What are the odds?

My current verseis John 5:41 and 44, "I do not accept praise from men. How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God."

Blessings!