Monday, December 28, 2009

Joy

My family celebrated our 1st Christmas without my earthly father. My friend Lisa (we met in 5th grade and got into a lot of trouble together in high school!) and her mother were celebrating their 1st holiday without her father. I invited them to join us for the day.

The Lord poured out His comfort, peace and joy...no tears, lots of laughter and lively conversation. We enjoyed the meal, the music, and fellowship.

It was odd not setting a place for dad, but it was not as emotional as I thought it would be. (Again the Lord's comfort.)

The Lord told me that joy would be my word as well as another friend's word in 2010. I will not name her because I have not seen her to tell her yet.

It can be easy to focus on the here and now and the intensity of a situation and totally lose sight of the big picture and the light of a new day.

Seasons come and go, they change, our situations change, but through it all the Lord remains the same. He never falls off His throne though we may try to share it with Him and give Him a little advice.

No matter what - Joy is coming...feast on a few verses from the Bible:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.


You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

I pray 2010 is a year in which we all grow in the Lord and live out His word!

3 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I good thought for the new year. Joy is a great theme! So glad that the Lord surrounded you in this your first Christmas without your father.

Unknown said...

Understand celebrating Christmas without your Dad. But, our dads were celebrating with the Prince of Peace Himself!

From my heart,

Sheryl

twinkle said...

Joy...what a glorious year you are in for! So glad Christmas was good for you. Ours was full of God's peace. My parents and my family had a sweet time together. We have 2 babies on the way! Both of my nieces are expecting! We claimed a new generation of "eaters!" The feast we had on Christmas Eve was a blessing...
Celebrating Him with you.