Friday, January 12, 2018

2018!

My husband celebrated the new year with the flu, in an attempt to outdo him, I celebrated the new year with pneumonia. We gaze adoringly at one another over Kleenex boxes. January is almost to the 1/2 way point and I am behind "schedule" already! My Christmas decorations are not boxed up and in the closet, items to donate to Salvation Army are not boxed up and ready to go, and I am several days behind in a reading through the Bible in 90 days plan. However...I am ahead in the weight loss category! (There is always a bright side.)

Time passes so quickly, we do not have the luxury of wasting it, yet I do. That is a habit I hope to break this year. Another habit I want to break is online shopping for items which are available in my area. All those cardboard boxes in our landfills! For years we wanted stores in our area, they open 5 minutes away, we buy online. Our local stores employ local people, online giants do not employ people from my community. I have a few more goals, but due to the fog of pneumonia, I have no idea what they are at the moment. I was so ill I did not drink coffee for a week. If you know me in real life, you know how huge that is.

I hope I live 2018 by loving all people.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.






No comments: