Friday, December 8, 2017

Snow in Southeast Texas!

The weather forecast last night was a low of 40, a little sleet, and a few snow flurries. Imagine everyone's surprise to awake this morning to a couple inches of snow on the ground and a temperature of 28F! What a nice surprise! I can report many people were outside in PJs taking pictures at 5:30 a.m. and back out at 6:30 a.m. and so on to capture as many pictures as possible before the snow began to melt. 

Everything looks new, fresh, and clean. When we make Christ our Lord and Savior, we may still like our old self on the outside, not so new, not so fresh, and relatively clean, but on the inside where it counts, we are new, fresh, and clean. 

II Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) says it all: 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

We must always remember it is about our heart not our looks, I Samuel 16:7 is one of my favorites:

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

And last but not least, I frequently ask the Lord for a new heart when I am struggling with cruel and or judgmental thoughts, I pray Ezekiel 36:26 for myself: I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

I hope this holiday season from Advent to Epiphany is a time of blessing for you, a time you draw closer to the Lord. 

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! That must have really been a surprise!! And cold! Is it common for you to have that cold a day? Seems like our weather blowing down from Canada to you!

It does look pretty with white fluffy snow like sugar frosting the grass. All fresh and new.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like a lot of my blogger friends are not blogging as much, but once in a while it's nice to reach out and connect.

May I wish you and your family a blessed and loving Christmas. And good health and happiness for 2018!

Abba's Girl said...

Christmas blessings to you and yours Wendy. Occasionally we have freezes which range from 32 down to 17 or so. This is the 1st snow since 2009.

2018 is the year I will blog again. I miss my fellow bloggers.