Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 2017

Beautiful crisp morning, fire in the fireplace, Bible in one hand, coffee in the other.

As I settled in to read the last few chapters of Deut. I totally lost focus and began to think about what needs cleaning and the flowers I want to plant this afternoon. And now I am blogging...

Come Holy Spirit, settle my mind, help me focus, show me what I need to ponder and keep as I read Scripture today.

To all of you:

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Frohe Weihnachten

So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger.  Now when they had seen Him, they made widely[d] known the saying which was told them concerning this Child.  And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.

No comments: