Friday, February 21, 2014

Olympics

Ever notice how every 4 years people are expert judges in figure skating, bob sledding, half pipe etc, speed skating, etc etc? Though I claim no expertise at Curling (even my own hair at times), I seem to have opinions on many other events myself; which led me to contemplating am I judging others though it is no concern of mine because I am not God. I've almost cut off a long time friend because each and every phone call is a one way conversation of her opinion on everyone and her opinions are never kind. I do not want to participate in conversations like that nor do I want to hear critical words concerning everyone in her life (also knowing she talks about me to others).

Being judgmental can be an easy habit to develop just like gossip and other horrible things. I've asked the Lord to show me my judgmental thoughts and words because I want to repent and be forgiven. I want to love others even if they do not love me and live out God's Word. I hope you do too.

Jesus said, “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 3 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”



No comments: